... Now if we could just get my Dad to stop eating salt and sodium .... The
Dr's told him he HAD to make improvements in his diet ... but he has no
intention of doing it ....  He could care less about trying to do HIS PART to
protect his health.  If your husband shares your desire for good health, then
that will certainly be a huge blessing on his behalf !!!
    jan

Hi Jan.  Thanks in advance for the prayers -- it's appreciated.  And thanks
also for the encouraging words -- your Dad was only in the hospital for 4 days?
 Wow -- that's amazing.  I hope my husband does as well.  Thanks for your post
-- it's given me a bright ray of hope.
MA

  MaryAnn, my Dad (84) had his aortic replaced, and a tumor removed from the
mytral valve ... back in the spring, in Atlanta.  The whole procedure went as
smoothly as could be. He was in the hospital for 4 days, and now his heart is
stronger than ever ... .  Will say some prayers for your hubby  :)
     jan

  My husband is at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio right now. He will have
  open-heart surgery on Tuesday (aortic valve replacement and cardiac
  myeomectomy). I'll be driving there on Monday to be there for the surgery,
and
  will remain in Cleveland while he's in the hospital. Of course, I'm worried
  about the surgery itself, but I'm more worried about the opportunities for
  infections while he's there. So I'm taking a gallon of CS -- is that enough?
  I'd also like to take some CS gel (courtesy of Ode's kit). I don't know how
the
  hospital staff would feel about an unknown gel product on the incision
itself,
  so I may not get that done until we're out of there. Any advice from anyone
  will be greatly appreciated.
  MA