Re: CS>ProbioticsHi Steve:

I'm always playing around with various probies.  Sometimes, one must consider
how powerful of a porbiotic formula one actsually needs.  I'm NOT an expert on
the topic, but I do emmensely enjoy the research.

Dr. Mercola's probiotics, which contain ten strains, are desigend to survive
the digestive tract.  These are just your run-of-the-mill probiotics, and a
touch pricey, but at least one knows the job will get done.

The first of the "big guns" I play with are HSO's, homeostatic soil organisms,
offered by Garden Life under the brand name Primal Defense.  These are very
controversial little creatures have no problems surviving through the digestive
system.  These types of organisms have come under fire primarily due to modern
science's inability to predict the long term effects of HSO's.  However, before
disregarding them as potentially profound healing agents, the small scale
studies done should be carefully considered.

http://www.crohns-disease-probiotics.com/HSOs.html

http://miracleii-4u.com/hsos-clinical-studies.htm

But my personal favorite probies I make myself, from Effective Microorgansims.
THe EM master culture, from Japan, is quite affordable, and is a blend of
microorganisms designed as a support system to keep one type of very special
microorganism alive: Two strains of photosynthetic bacteria,  Rhodopseudomonas
palustris and Rhodobacter sphaeroides

http://www.teraganix.com/Effective-Microorganisms-History-and-Availability-s/194.htm

These amazing little creatures (if you can call them that) don't often appear
at the Earth's surface anymore... Not since the Earth's atomosphere began
containing oxygen.

Every last researcher that I've corresponded with has been nothing short of
amazed at the various applications of EM and A-EM.  Ongoing research continues:

http://emrojapan.com/

...however, very little has been published in English about the health and
healing potential of using EM-based supplements as probiotics.  That said, in
the worst case scenarios with people I correspond with, when their chronic
digestive conditions (and we're talking hospitalization level conditions)
respond to nothing else, a combination of EM therapy and clay therapy has, at
the very least, stabilized even the most serious cases of IBS, Crohns, and
other non- or mis-diagnosed conditions of the lower intestines.

Whatever probiotic one chooses, it takes about four weeks to see how they will
compete with whatever else is in the colon.  When the state of the colon is
returned to normal, an individual will always effortlessly go to the bathroom
once for every major meal eaten the day prior.

So it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your
supplementation.  I also make kombucha on occassion, and use Kefir, but I don't
see either as being powerful enough to act to restore serious digestive
disorders.

Kind Regards,

Jason