Hello Martsmail53,

To wipe out gum disease you need to start strong.

If I had that problem I would mix up a mouthwash that has a 30 PPM
concentration of free chlorine dioxide.

NOTE:  this is not what a dose of MMS produces.  MMS produced chlorous acid
and that can make the infection worse by irritating the tissue of the gums.

This solution is made from sodium chlorite, but is activated so that there
is very little change in the PH of the water used in the mouthwash.

This mouthwash solution is used 4 times a day for 2 - 3 days after brushing
and flossing.  The proper way to use this is to take a mouth full and swish
for 60 seconds.  Spit it out, then repeat a second time.  It that time the
infection will be eliminated from the gum and jaw bone areas.

To promote healing after this 2 days of killing off the infection you need
to keep infection from getting re-established in the gum area.  This time
you switch over to a mouthwash that has 1000 PPM of available chlorine
dioxide.  When you take a mouth full of this solution, only trace amounts of
free chlorine dioxide will be released as the solution comes into contact
with the acids in the mouth.  This keeps infection away, and does not
irritate the gum tissue.

Take a mouth full of this and swish for 30 - 60 seconds.  Do this 2 times a
day.  Do not rinse after you spit this solution out.

This takes care of the topical approach.  In addition you can drink some
colloidal silver to take care of infection inside the body.  Also pay
attention to diet and proper hydration.

To mix up these mouthwash solutions you will need sodium chlorite and
hydrochloric acid.  If you tell me the concentrations of those solutions you
have I will give you directions on how to mix up the two different mouthwash
solutions.

Tom