Hi Gayla,
that's always a possibility, Brucellosis goes by many names, here are a
few:
"Brucellosis, also called Bang's disease, Crimean fever, Gibraltar
fever, Malta fever, Maltese fever, Mediterranean fever, rock fever, or
undulant fever, ..."

"Brucellosis is an infectious disease caused by contact with animals
carrying bacteria called Brucella. Symptoms: Acute brucellosis may begin
with mild flu-like symptoms or symptoms such as: Fever; Abdominal pain;
Back pain;..."

It's called undulant fever because it causes a fever that comes on every
day, usually in the afternoon, then fades, over and over.  It was called
rabbit fever when I was a kid, cuz the local jackrabbits and wild bush
bunnies often had it.  It formed a lump under the skin.  It's not a
common disease, but that's partly because nowadays not many people live
out in the country, and come into contact with it on a frequent basis.

OTOH, there is coccidioidmycosis also called valley fever ... disease
caused by the Coccidioides immitis and C. posadasii fungi.
That IS a fungus and is found in desert areas like Arizona.

Try:
www.valleyfeversurvivor.com/

HTH,
Malcolm