I am going to ask a dumb question.  How would one know if they have
had a 'smart meter' installed? (I haven't heard a peep out of our coop
about a smart meter.)   We live out in the country and our meter is on
a pole about 100 - 150 ft (underground from the pole to the house)
away from the house.  One more question.. if we have had a smart meter
installed, would it being so far from the house make it less of a
problem?  Lola