Solar panels will heat water effectively in india, as for generating
electricity, I do not think it will be enough by itself unless supplemented by
decent battery backup and inverter combination.
Even then I do not believe such a system will be able to sustain that much
current draw.
As my uncle has such a setup and can just about run two energy saving bulbs and
a fan for a few hours. So a small distiller such as mine that draws 750w would
I feel become unsustainable for the amount of time that would be required.