  From: Melly Bag
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:42 PM
  Subject: CS>Smart Meter

        I went out just now to take a look at our electric meter.  It does not
have the little clocks.

        The meter  looks like a taxi meter, not LED or digitalized.  The brand
of the meter is Elster, however, at the bottom it reads DCSI SMT3.  I did a
search on DCSI SMT and it is a smart meter.  I also found an article that
ELSTER and DCSI have joined to produce/use a certain kind of meter, which i
don't understand.  The article is here:  http://www.metering.com/node/10226

        Can someone tell me if indeed this is a smart meter?

        Thanks.

        Melly