.999 is fine. Even if the .1% were something like arsenic (it is usually primarily gold and copper), at 10 ppm CS, it would be only 10 ppb, which is the allowed level in drinking water.

Marshall

On 10/25/2011 11:51 AM, anthony.aqui...@sasktel.net wrote:
Is there different .999 silvers? I have read that .999 is suitable for making CS. This stuff should be fine then?

*From: * David AuBuchon <aubuchon.da...@gmail.com>
*Date: *Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:26:21 -0700
*To: *<silver-list@eskimo.com>
*ReplyTo: * silver-list@eskimo.com
*Subject: *Re: CS>.999 silver tubing in various widths:

He said on his group .999 was his minimum. Plus I think this may be just a CYA statement.

David

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Arnold Beland <abela...@gmail.com <mailto:abela...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    mike that doubt I use WouldI
    On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:45 PM, David AuBuchon
    <aubuchon.da...@gmail.com <mailto:aubuchon.da...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        So Mike Monet was looking for this type of tubing for his
        generator.  I was about to share it with him, but then
        discovered he had removed me from his silver forum for
        disagreeing with him...on a different forum that that one...go
        figure...Also, FYI, it turns out he is really suffering
        seriously from mold related illness and never brought it up here.

http://www.riogrande.com/Product/999-Fine-Silver-Seamless-Tubing-Soft/100930

        Anyway, some of you might benefit instead.  I will definitely
        be trying this out in the future with Mike's super *Please
        Note: *Important! This fine silver is jewelry-quality, not
        medical-grade, material. Do not, under any circumstances, use
        Rio Grande silver material for colloidal purposes.low current
        ideas.  These tubes increase surface area by a whole lot.

        David

    I doubt that Mike would" use anything of this low purity. Here is
    a quote from the makers of this tubing: