Im trying to understand ionic vs colloidal in terms of body effects. I heard that the ionic was quickly compounded with proteins or into salts and removed from the body. Sorry, Im not a chemist. Point is, some seem to state that only the colloidal with +- 10 nm size silver particles is of benefit. Then there is Becker with local migration off silver coated wound dressings at +- 1 volt and it isnt clear if this is ionic or particles.

Just checking a few quick web searches for what crosses the BBB, I see 33 nm for a tumor marker substance, and another place that has tools to measure aerosol size, a few comments;

. Nanoparticles can cross the blood brain barreir in humans and gold nano-particles can move across the placenta from mother to foetus

. Early studies with PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) particles around 20 nm in diameter showed that airborne concentrations of a supposedly inert insoluble material lower than 50 µg/m3 could be fatal to rats

.    Nano-tubes produce a more toxic response in rats than quartz dust

. Engineered carbon molecules known as "buckyballs" cause brain damage in fish.
**
. ability to extrapolate manufactured nanoparticle toxicity using existing particle and fibre toxicological databases are very limited. The toxicity of nanoparticles is influenced by the size and increases with decreasing particle size, on a mass for mass basis.

So the question is; do we know that ionic is the form that crosses the BBB, and do we know that ionic is the active form, and do we know that ionic even reaches the body since its supposedly chelated and eliminated quickly, and further, if colloidal reaches the brain, do we know that it is safe, since, as indicated above, supposedly inert material can become fatal at nanometer sizes... Where is the web site with the most comprehensive or seemingly true overview of silver?
--------
its nice to know that mms might clean the impossible to remove brown silver stain from my brain though...

thanks,
mg