Trem, Tel, and Others,

When you made your higher PPM brews, did you stop just because you felt
like it, or because you actually hit a limit in PPM?

I have a batch at 50PPM right now, and am going to work it up til it wont
go no more.  It is however very slow, as I run off 2 AA's.

It seems to me that this incremental upping of PPM could be possible
indefinitely.

I notice that transferring the brew to another jar, then right back to the
first jar actually increases PPM by about 1 or so.  Then I clean the
electrodes and continue the brew.

I think that perhaps if you have a uniformly dispersed brew, that there is
a time window when you first turn on the power when very little silver
hydroxide is forming, as the denser regions of ions just coming off the
electrodes have not had time to migrate to the other electrodes yet.
During this time window is when the conductance will increase.  When
boatloads of pilgrims reach the other electrodes however, conductance may
peak.  This might suggest that vigorous stirring is definitely a help in
lengthening that time frame.  It might also suggest that increased distance
between electrodes could help.

This would not "get rid of" the "nernst" layer, but simply make it a
non-issue for a time frame.  Then the unit can be turned off for a while,
and maybe continue to be stirred.  Then do it again and again.  Ultra low
current would get rid of a theoretical nernst layer, but perhaps still in
that case, eventually when boatloads of pilgrims start plating out -
arriving from the other electrode in dense amounts - , this would be a
second reason of a peaking conductance.  Again solvable by turning off the
power for a while.

Just guessing!

Anyone wanna have a PPM-off?