Poor dog...is there any chance to put carpet in the kennel for comfort?

________________________________
 From: Neville Munn <one.red...@hotmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2012 1:34 AM
Subject: RE: CS>CS and dogs

Over 9 months of vet treatment for inner ear bacterial infection {swabbed under
anaesthetic} failed so I made some EIS/CS and told daughter to get a syringe
casing and squirt some directly into the ear, infection was fixed practically
overnight, the daughter said it was fixed in 24 hours. Labradors are prone to
filthy ears so she uses EIS/CS periodically to maintain clean and infection
free ears.  She's been doing this for a few years now, she also pours some into
its water bowl periodically.

Because daughter works, this dog spends 25 hours a day on its gut in the kennel
sleeping so occasionally one ear will be scraped raw and bleeding from sleeping
on it on the edge of the kennel opening, I've treated this on more than one
occasion too, with success, but needs spraying on as many times a day as
feasibly possible {I do this when we happen to visit} but healing is not as
quick when we aren't visiting cos the dog spends all day and every day in its
kennel when daughter is at work.

Other daughters cat had severe open wounds from fighting, told her to squirt
some on the wound as often as she could and when she could and the wound healed
up remarkably quick.  Bit tricky with a cat as cat's don't cooperate all that
well <g>.  Cos the cat always licked the wound it was ingesting EIS/CS as well
as what remained on the wound, attacked it from two directions if you like.
I've treated this cat on two occasions and both times with fairly quick
recovery.  The other occasion was for quite severe war wounds on the face, the
cat couldn't lick its own face as efficiently so that heeled quicker.

I'm at the moment getting someone else to treat their dog for operation wound
{on the throat or a tad further down I believe} which hasn't healed in over 18
months to two years, but as they live in the city I can't get to see the dog
myself.  I'm not sure if they are doing as I asked them to.  I don't get any
feedback either, which is annoying, but they did ask for more EIS/CS the other
week.  I don't think they are administering anywhere near enough for quicker
recovery, nevermind, we're going to the city next month so will suss things out.