From: Penny
To: oils_herbs_...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:32 AM
Subject: [oils_herbs_etc] Colloidal silver, was laryngitis , need help

Hi Everyone,
Simply type in 'Colloidal Silver dangers' in any search engine and you will get
plenty of legimate websites with FDA research results stating the unsafe or
side effects of using colloidal silver supplements.

I just did a brief search and came up with several sites explaining the
dangerous side of effects of using colloidal silver. Ingesting silver is toxic
and the damage done is not reversable.

There are many MLM companies saying it is safe to use colloidal silver but MLM
companies, as we all know, have a lot of hype to sell products.

On the other hand essential oils when used in proper amounts by diffusing them,
inhaling them or as a massage oil or lotion in the proper percentages will help
with many health concerns. Your body doesn't store essential oils in the body,
it eliminates them usually within a few hours.

Please note: Do not ingest essential oils unless they are prescribed by a
licensed medical practioner. You do not ingest essential oils for health
concerns - in the USA - if you are an aromatherapist - you know that the FDA
rules do not allow us to tell folks to ingest.

We can have you Gargle a diluted warm water solution with a drop or two of
essential oils added but you would 'spit' it out and not swallow it.

Please note that Sweet Birch and Wintergreen are not true essential oils and as
such will accumulate in the liver. They contain methyl salicylate and it is
widely known that salicylates are toxic and need to be used with caution.

The best suggestion for Laryngitis is still to inhale essential oils that
reduce inflammation such as the Chamomiles or even Eucalyptus oils. See my
laryngitis.

I'm sure there are a few herbalists on this list that may know of polstices or
balms that can be used on the throat region to help with the inflammation also.

Yours in Aromatherapy,
Penny Keay
Certified Clinical Medical Aromatherapist

Birch Hill Happenings Aromatherapy, LLC
Why buy a 'gallon' when you only need a few drops!
www.birchhillhappenings.com
Your One Stop Aromatherapy Shop!
Since 1997