I once had a batch go brownish in a plastic container, and not wanting to waste it, kept it for cleaning, like counter-wipes, etc. If in doubt, just don't use it on or in your person, that's all. Also, I once decanted my CS into what must have been a lead-crystal decanter. The CS turned a strong yellow. I threw that out, fearing that the lead in the crystal would be harmful.
On May 17, 2012, at 12:02 AM, Neville Munn wrote:

Brown??? It shouldn't go brown. Brown is something I would be looking further into. That container may not be suitable? Maybe it's developed more particulate silver?

Probly still good to use, just may be higher in particulate content.

When I go away I just use one of those clear plastic bottles you buy water in. I put it in the boot of the car, or on the backseat somewhere while travelling. Not in direct sunlight, but it's still exposed to much more sunlight than it would be in a cupboard in the kitchen, but it never goes 'brown?'.

N.

Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 18:36:45 -0700
From: ptf2...@bellsouth.net
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>odd situation

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help? About 6 weeks ago I made some CS to take with me on a trip. I made it with a silver puppy and it was perfectly clear and seemed potent. I put it in a Rubbermaid plastic water container and carried it with me. After about 3 weeks on the road it turned a brownish color. Can anyone tell me why this happened and if it is still good to use?
Thanks. PT