Lena,  I've been battling shingles since January this year. CS is now being
used effectively ,  someone gave me a recipe for Brooks Mix   which is
essentially,  CS,DMSO and glycerine.  s I substituted  Coconut oil for the
glycerine and it works OK,  just have to shake it up  since oil and water ( you
know the drill).    Later Brooke  spoke up and said he was now using Aloe gell
instead of the glycerine and it was much more effective.

Also   LYSINE   3 grams  daily.   I was put on L-lysine initially  but not
enough.  B vitamins  especially  B-12 and lots of Vitamin C.

Mine have calmed down considerably  but I still get a hefty reminder when its
time to take more Lysine.

The first two months of this stuff was almost unbearable, what with the pain
and the itching.   Ice packs 24/7 helped keep things bearable,  eventually  I
didn't need the ice any more but its very slow going.   Shingles are much
nastier than anyone can imagine unless they have experienced them.  My Doc
said I had the worst case he had ever seen,  so I guess I'm lucky that they
have improved this much.   The scars from the lesions are still clearly visible.
Then  I tried  Chapparel tincture both applied topically and taken internally.
It does seem to help  but tastes and smells pretty nasty.

zoe