I'll stick my hand up for starting this, but the point I was trying to make was
that in todays environment *everyone* could be a basket case, pumping pills
until we are dumbed into oblivion, if we don't acknowledge and find contentment
if the fact that we are mere pawns in someone else's game.  The answer is to
recognise we are mere pawns and find ways to live with it, at least until the
masses can turn things around.
Pills only mask the problem and makes an individual functional, but that's
about all.  Functionality is not quality.  The causes for most mental issues do
not start from within, it's the result of outside influences and/or
circumstances of which they have no, or minimal, control.  I reiterate, they
are simply pawns in someone elses game, to be sacrificed at their whim.  If I
can be so presumptuous as to cite Alan, he is but one example of an ever
growing number when that comfortable ride starts to get a tad uncomfortable.
OK, my apologies for kicking this off, just wanted to clarify the relationship
to health, I'll say no more.
N.