I'm hoping to get my garden in after Mothers Day but not uncommon around here to have to wait until June. But that said the garlic is doing great growing about an inch a day. The oregano and peppermint are starting to peek though. Didn't plant the veggie garden last year. Lots of clearing to do before planting. The peppers are to fun to grow. I do red sweet, Jalapano and cayenne. Good luck with your garden.

Teri

At 05:20 PM 4/14/2013, you wrote:

> The list has been so quiet...

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. <grin>

It's spring for all of us in the northern hemisphere. The garden and
yard beckon as the weather sloooowwwly edges towards warmth. This'll be
our second summer since putting in the garden. Last year we didn't plant
'til late June and it was a short season for us. This time we'll be able
to get a proper early start.

Our broccoli did well, along with tomatoes, pea pods, and squash. I
especially enjoyed the halapeno and cayenne peppers. Such robust little
plants and pretty fruits! They give you the sense of scrappy fighters
that just keep producing. <LOL>

This year we're trying garlic. The bulbs went in last fall and all seem
to have survived the winter. They're aggressively pushing up through the
mulch!

Happy spring to the northerners, and best wishes for a bountiful harvest
to y'all in the south!

Be well,

Mike D.

Archives: