Joe,

You have already put the black salve on this and it has done it's job,
apparently.

Definitely, do not scratch it off.

Let it run it's course as you would for a normal use of black salve.
Perhaps apply 3% hydrogen peroxide over it for a short time once a day to
keep it sterilized and then bandage.  Let it take it's course and see how
it heals.

If you want to do something proactive, buy some of the 3 clay mix from
Eyton's Earth and do clay poultices on it as well.

Dan

<<ubuntuone.png>>

<<attachment-24.png>>