I also wrote precisely this to a friend who wrote to me yesterday with this
problem - & then when I went to bed I thought of something else which helps -
no idea what that was now tho! Too many thoughts, not enough time ... "Sound
Therapy for the Walkman" is meant to cure this ... but Steve's
http://www.healinglightseminars.com/laser-research-library/tinnitus-2/
might be good, I'll check it out  - tinnitus is curable only if it is
indicating a mild inner ear infection - when I get very loud tinnitus I usually
go into full blown vertigo shortly after, which I have experienced on & off
since the death of my mother in '91 who had vertigo most of her adult life. I
also asked my friend not to accept medication from her GP because nothing
really helps it.  So gluten free may also help - the Epley Manoeuvre is more
for vertigo ... neck chiropractic may help ...

Jane

I am led to believe tinnitus is caused by damage to inner ear hairs and their
relationship with cells contained within the inner ear, once those hairs are
damaged there's no turning back.  I don't personally believe tinnitus can be
fixed, regardless of what I have read others say about 'cures', I've had it for
some time.  Lot's of things supposed to help, 'white noise' etc, but in reality
one can't be listening to white noise 24/7, just gotta learn to live with it,
or have a diesel engine idling next to you 24/7 to drown out the ringing in the
ear/s <g>.

N.