Ron,
Another bit of info from my urologist, - and I have great faith in him
as he is considered by everyone I've talked to to be one of the top 50
in the entire U.S - - -

The idea is to establish a balanced flora of bacteria in the bladder
that maintain a more beneficial environment, and limit not only their
own tendencies toward overgrowth but also resist the intrusion of other
bugs which could be much more harmful.  This also tends to eliminate the
seesaw effect of killing off the bacteria and "inviting in" the yeasts
who are more than willing to move in in strength.  Getting rid of yeasts
and fungi can be a real nightmare, involving some pretty toxic
substances.

It seems you already have the correct idea on this, don't medicate just
on the basis of cloudy urine unless it gets bad, and/or other clues let
you know this is a bad one; I rely on the urine's odor and my overall
feeling of sickness and aggravation as well as the amount and location
of the cloudiness.  By that I mean that there is a tendency for sediment
(usually pretty harmless stuff) to settle toward the bottom of the
bladder, and a concentration at the end of the stream is not so big a
concern to me as consistent murky presence throughout.  I keep a clean
shot-glass next to the toilet to catch a sample whenever I need to check
it out.

HTH, Malcolm