Dear Colin...Yes...from where you are sitting at this stage  in this
situaton it is  confusing.
I sat beside  my husband for five months and watched as the meds and
Drs slowly contributed to his  death in virtually everything they did
to him.  And he knew  better..and all his friends  and family were
constantly presenting him with inexpensive healthy alternative
treatments.
Look into  carnivora.com
I have  and  still use it  myself. It is helpful but  not  the  silver bullet.
You have to do any number of gentle dtox processes at the  same time.
Boost your nutritional intake...sea veges (weeds) along  with
organically grown foods ae a necessity...seaweeds help  o reduce
inflammation and detox...also the  eclipta  alba  also  the blue green
algaes. The anphenamazone  phlos aqua is  the strongest and most
effective.
I buy mine from www.newearth.com. That one releases your  own
stemcells from your bonemarrow will also  heal  scars over  a course
of  time.
Try to  find foods not from your Pacific waters. If you have concerns
about the radioactivity down there than start taking and  eating the
ganoderms..mushroom micorizial products. Look into all of Paul
Stammets videos  on Youtube
ALso BIG healing is Simpsons hemp products..nudge nudge wink wink. Do
a search  on startpage.com you will get more uncensored info that way.
Try to avoid any morphine 'help'...its deadly.
Keep in touch with us here?
All the  best wishes  for  a very easy recovery of health...I know
it's  possible.
Tara