Hi Brickey,
Unfortunately, you can lead an MD to wisdom, but he might not partake.
I told my surgeon I simply wouldn't comply with abx after my surgery, but would
religiously drink CS and said, 'You know, like what they put in newborn's
eyes?' That seemed to register and my rapid recovery later confirmed that my
method was sound. Fortunately, I went home the next day, so he had no control,
but his checks on the stitches, the visiting nurses' reports all supported my
decision.
I've often wondered if a loving family member could say it was 'holy water'
from the local priest if that would go over. Religion is a sticky issue that
most docs don't want to touch.

A friend of mine couldn't hold down food after wa-a-ay too much cancer
treatment. They put liquid feed down her but it wouldn't stay. I finally asked
for an empty container with the ingredients and %s and took it home. She'd been
begging for organic carrot juice, and I was able, by checking the 'Nutrition
Almanac' to prove to them that everything they were trying to give her was
already in the juice and in better quantity and quality. They agreed and put
the juice in her feeding tube and she began to stabilize and even gain weight!
Their only complaint was that an occasional root hair would clog the tube, but
they had to admit the patient had known what she needed.

Be well,
Léna