Hi Bill, Yes I am using a JFET in much the same configuration, set for .6mA. The current density on anode (current / area) is .002 mA per mm^2.
However using a pulsed system is bound to complicate matters. Current waves transverse the solution at a finite speed, the voltage rise and fall takes a corresponding time, and no work is achieved at lower than threshold voltage for silver dissolution. I would suggest using a trimming pot instead of your current set resistor and do some test runs. I don't know the result you are looking for, but from past results (which I had hoped to comment on this weekend) and posts it sounds like you have an acceptable brew. One suggestion, only filter if the solution is cloudy after your run. Any way will talk more after I have digested your data. Ivan. ----- Original Message ----- From: Hutt William J (Bill) DLPC <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Friday, 29 October 1999 01:23 Subject: RE: CS>Unidentified subject! > Ivan, > > What current would you suggest regulating at? I am using an FET(Field > Effect Transistor) 2N2608 as a current regulator. > It is set at .5ma short circuit. A resistor(1Kohm in my case) > from the source to gate sets the current regulator rate. The gate is the > input and the drain is the output. I did this because I didn't have much > luck with the LM317, which regulated at 1ma and no lower. > > I am using the Pulsed DC gen. > > Thanks > > BillH -- The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal silver. To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: [email protected] -or- [email protected] with the word subscribe or unsubscribe in the SUBJECT line. To post, address your message to: [email protected] List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>

