Jason wrote:
Hi Sol:

On 2/17/2015 6:24 AM, sol wrote:

I may have to start cleaning my electrodes, but so far as I'm aware my
CS product works just fine. But I do confess maybe I would not be aware
if it were less effective than it could be. I use my CS a lot for
various purposes, but no longer use it in my body much because I have
"blue moons" and at one point began developing some grey under my eyes
and around my chin. (this was apparently due to spraying CS over a vit C
face product).

You make my point for me. One "sparklie" in the solution represents what should be hundreds to thousands (who knows?) of of properly sized silver particles. If you have hundreds of sparklies in a bad brew, you are upping your silver metal burden unnecessarily. If you take silver on a daily basis, this is going to add up.
Well it certainly did add up. That explains a whole lot. I am really happy to have this information. Did you know this 10 years ago, or is this more recent? Just curious.

I know that people like to believe that particulate silver cannot cause argyria, but this is blatantly not true.
I certainly learned that.

I even directly challenged Frank Key on this issue with historic records; silver smiths getting argyria from inhalation of silver particles, but as usual, he just deflected, and nobody else seemed that interested.
I am deeply interested. Should have been paying much more attention to your posts, but with my difficulties, needing to minimize my time sitting at the computer for the past several years, a lot of information I didn't even know I needed slipped by me.

The whole point being that you can brew silver the right way, with the right controls, and get a superior product, and this can be done without that much extra trouble.

For my brews, I even get upset at the quality of distilled water available. I like my distilled water to be nuetral pH with a conductivity measurement of 0.3 uS.
No argument there, I have had to use distilled water of 0.3 uS or less since I started making CS. I haven't been testing the distilled water for a couple years. Just went with the fact that I get water clear CS. But pH has been more difficult. Need to get some test strips for that. And

I measure the water directly from the bottle, I measure it once I put it in the brewing vessel, and I measure it afterwards.
I will start doing those tests again.

With EIS, you want LESS silver, and a quality brew, over a MORE silver low quality brew. If you want MORE silver, then it's better to try to use a product like silver citrate.

(Except, of course, those experimenting with higher PPM isolated silver products for the sake of experimentation).

I do make high PPM silver stronger on the colloidal side for external uses for use with clay, for example, by using heated distilled water.

Do you mean his regular U shape electrodes, or something different? (I
may have skipped over some posts about this).

Yes...  Ken's U shape electrodes for the Silver Puppy.

~Jason
Thanks Jason. This whole thread has rekindled my interest in the details of CS making and how (and why_ to get a better CS. It is good to see a technical discussion again! Reminds me of the old days.
sol

---