At 11:56 PM 11/01/1999 +1300, you wrote:
Only filter if needed (very cloudy product). I have had bad results
with filtered CS via coffee filters. Not so with my commercial filter
of 0.2um, so I suspect chemicals in the filter paper. Proper filter
paper is available at lab supply outlets.

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

Were the filters bleached, unbleached or Mr. Coffee filters. From previous posts, Mr. Coffee filters have a flavor enhancer additive in them and the recommended filters are the unbleached. I use the bleached but have used the unbleached also. I do not do all of the testing that some of you fellows do but seemed to have no problems. I use the same specs attributed to Peter Lindemann except I go five minutes longer and use four nines instead of the three twelves.

Harvey

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com