In a message dated 11/22/1999 7:01:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pran...@3-cities.com writes:

<< I have been listening and learning and decided to make my own CS.  I got
 the silver rods from Marsha and followed the directions to make it with
 the 3 9v batteries.  Everytime I try to make CS, it turns out grey and
 has this stuff that sticks all over the negative rod.  At first I bought
 some distilled water and after I tried it I looked at the label and it
 said it was distilled through reverse osmosis ( I believe they use salt
 in the process) Now I got some water that says steam distilled and it is
 still turning out grey and yucky looking.  What am I doing wrong???  How
 can I get the yellow CS??

 Someone PLEASE help me!!!!

 Teresa

Teresa,
I will give this a shot until the techies jump in here.  If the stuff hanging
off the one wire is black that is ok.  You must carefully clean the wire off
at intervals to keep it clean.  As for the color the people on the list will
want to know the following.
1.  How far apart are you spacing the wires
2.  How long are you running it for
3.  what are you making it in?
4.  How much water is being used and how much of the wire is in the water.
    They can get a clearer picture if you include all the details.
Donna

Donna Earnest
This email contains only my opinion and should not be taken as medical advice.