Jeff said:Do you believe that DC generates the most effective CS?
        Anyone have any anecdotal info on DC vs AC?
Fred - HVAC produces an inferior product - non-ionic and non-colloidal
       (although possibly better for topical uses due to the high PPM possible!)

Jeff said: Has anyone tried HVDC?
Fred - For why? In a electrochemical process requiring just a few volts, why
        bother? Would you consider shaving with a 1/2HP electric hedge trimmer!

Jeff said: Why is one electrode suspended above the electrolyte for the HVAC
process?

Fred - So you can impress your friends with the mysticism? I don't know, but it
will
act as a voltage dropping device (so why did we use so high a voltage?)! Try
calculating
the voltage drop on the water - if you have 10KV and your solution was 30K ohm
you would
be passing 1/3 amp! Now the transformer is current limiting to maybe 33 mills
(zero volts out),
so maybe 1/10 of the 10KV is impressed on the water - so the HV is needed
mostly for the
electrostatic energy to help stir things up (blast the sludge) and build a
"neato mystical" cone.

Jeff said: What force causes the cone of water in the HVAC process?

Fred - Very powerful electrostatic forces! We used to build a lot of
electrostatic
precipitators for industry and in some cases used 50KV AC instead of 150KV DC.
DC is better if the material can take on a charge but AC will move a ton of
product ,
as the energy input is a combination of resistive and capacitive current but
also
ionization of the carrier medium (usually air) will also increase current draw
or
energy input!

Jeff said: Would HVDC create a cone?

Fred - Yes, but you would have less electrostatic action and need much higher KV
and unless you had a large storeage capacitor (little current limiting) it
would rise
to discharge the PS and fall back as the voltage collapsed. Why did you want a
cone
anyway?

f...@health2us.com