We had a discussion on this list a few months ago about distilling water
using copper tubing vs. stainless tubing.  In that discussion it was
stated that copper tubing was NOT a good idea because it would produce
traces of copper in the water which is (or, was...) highly toxic.  This
is also one of the reasons for using .999 or better silver for making
CS.  Copper is often used as an alloy in silver (along with other
metals) to harden it.

Now, we're being told that copper is good.  I don't understand.

I haven't been on the list for a while, and perhaps I've missed
something.  Or, perhaps we were misinformed earlier.  Or, perhaps we've
evolved....8^}

Anyway, I would appreciate a clarification of why copper tubing is not
acceptable for a water distiller, but colloidal copper is good for us.

Thanks,
Dale