Beth wrote:
                                  < Tea tree oil  is another good
antibacterial/antiviral
           agent but can't be taken internally >

                     Tea tree oil is a volatile essential oil obtained
by steam distillation
           of the freshly harvested foliage of the Tea Tree [ Melaleuca
alternifolia ].
           The oil contains more than a hundred of natural compounds. It
is a clear
           and colourless to pale yellow liquid with a characteristic
odour.

                       The pharmaceutical grade Tea Tree Oil contains:

                                      1,8-cineole  [ less than 4% ]
                                   terpinen-4-ol  [ more than 38 % ]

             Basic properties:

                                     * Broad  antimicrobial activity
                                     * Anti-fungal activity
                                     * Anti-viral activity
                                     *  Does not destroy healthy
                                     *  Penetrating properties
                                     *  Minimal skin irritation
                                         [ Formulations less than 10%
w/w pose less
                                           risk of skin irritation ]

                           Oral administration of 100% Tea Tree Oil is
not advocated.
                   But, in France, doctors trained in aromatherapy. do
prescribe
                   oral dosage of essential oils.
                            I find it very comforting for patients with
complaints of
                   bodyache, weakness and aching joints,fever with
stuffy nose and
                   a productive cough, by massaging  their soles with a
few drops of
                    tea tree oil in Olive Oil at least twice a day.
Patients down with
                    influenza should be well hydrated. Ozonated water if
available
                    will be ideal. I always keep in readiness a few
bottles of Cytolog,
                    an execellent immune booster against the viral
critters, for bad
                    cases of flu victims. The recent Nipah virus
epidemic in Malaysia
                    has taught us to be always on our guard against
these viral critters.

                                  Inhalation of ozonated Tea Tree Oil
using a Bioregene
                     Nebulizer is really helpful for the exhausting
cough in any viral
                     respiratory tract infection. This nebulizer can
also be used for
                     the inhalation of liquid colloidal minerals [
Colloidal silver,etc ]
                     and diluted 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide.

                    With regards
                          Lew