In a message dated 6/21/00 9:18:05 PM EST, mdud...@execonn.com writes:

<< It appears that for optimum results you need for the voltage/frequency =
150 or
 so.

Marshall: How did you arrive at the 150 ratio? Incidentally, I was told by an
electrical engineer who represents the manufacturer of my solid state (neon
sign) HVAC power supply that its frequency is ~ 12000 Htz at 10,000 volts.
Could you explain the discrepancy between that figure and the 60 Htz you
assume for 10,000 volt AC?

Roger

Roger

Thus for 60 htz, optimum voltage is about 10K, and for 30 volts the polarity
 reversing should be about .2 hertz or once every 10 seconds or so (assuming a
 linear relationship).  It has to do with the diffusion rate from the cathode,
 reversal should occur when the ions near, but have not reached the cathode
yet.
 If course the distance between the electrodes is very important since the
closer
 they are together the quicker the ions can move across the distance. >>