In a message dated 7/3/00 12:03:57 PM EST, mdud...@execonn.com writes:

<< rogalt...@aol.com wrote:

 > Marshall: Not only the FDA, but Professor Gibbs of the University of
Delaware
 > in his recently published booklet, Silver Colloids: Do They Work?, screened
 > 15 commercial CS products using two independent microscopic techniques to
 > determine particle size distribution. I believe the only type of CS that
made
 > it through both types of microscopic screening requirements was that
produced
 > by HVAC. From there he went on to test for effectiveness in killing a
 > moderately resistant bacteria. Only one of the remaining 4 (I believe) HVAC
 > products was given a "4 star" rating ("5 star" is the highest possible
 > rating). The remainder got "3 star" or lower.

 Interesting.  Do you know where I can get a copy of that book?  I use to
think
 HVAC was better, and we use an HVAC process, but there has been so much
 contradictory information posted lately, I am having doubts.

 Thanks,

 Marshall

Marshall: I believe I bought it a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.com. About
$6.50 for the booklet and another $4.50 in S&H. It's very encouraging when
you see academics get involved with CS -- particularly when this one seems to
be targeting the quasi-lay public. And although Professor Gibbs has taken
only a first step, I suspect it's likely that he will have another, even more
interesting, report coming out soon. BTW, as of several months ago, he has
started publishing a CS newsletter which comes out 4X a year. Roger