HI Katie and others,
I have posted my experience before but will do it again for those who have
recently joined the group.
In 1994 I started having minor digestive problems, then I noticed my hair
coming out...not alot but alittle more each day.  I visited a doctor and he
gave
me pills to stop it.  After 6 weeks on them, it had not sopped but my
digestive
problems became major.  I noticed I felt better when I didn't take the pills.
At the dr. office one day he left out of the room and I looked at my chart.
It said it bold letters: alopecia....all I could see was a bald me.(had lost
1/2
of my hair by then)
I left him and quit taking the pills.  By now my health problems were major.
I felt horrible all the time and missed lots of work.  Because I needed a dr.
note
for that, I started seeing a dr. that was very kind and I knew would not
throw me out on my ear.  I started juicing and taking lots of green foods
(barley, wheat,etc) and eating mostly raw because that was the only thing
that didn't cause pain.  He kept telling me that he had NEVER seen a person
regain all hair growth and I needed to eat meat. (I never did)
After a yr and half of this and many healing crisses, all of my hair grew
back and I quit having the digestive problems.  The doc could hardly
believe his eyes.  I still follow this diet.  Less juice, more raw and still
take
the green suppliments.
Edith

In a message dated 07/19/2000 7:18:22 PM Central Daylight Time,