Hi, Ol' Bob  and Marshall,  I realize that the nitrogen content of the air
in the water might be a factor.... but I heat the water to near boiling
anyway, which ought to drive off most of the air, and my two-gallon jars
have only a two-and-a half inch top opening so have a low exposure to
external air/nitrogen.   Seriously, where does anyone say that silver
colloid is prone to have nitrogen compounds in any measureable quantity
anyhow????   I've seen it argued on this forum, nowhere else!!!    Del   At