Obviously, there are various effects.  My rods are both submerged, both
6inches by a half-inch.  I do not see a 'cone'; but my gizmo has lids
containing the connections; if the 'cone' is because of a negative charge
pulling the plus charge up the rod, I wouldn't get that with AC...would
I...?   I can't do much at the moment since I am down to using local
well-water anyhow.  I get a light-milky Tyndall effect...similar to what I
used to get on LVDC with RO water and a couple of grains of table-salt.
This effect tends to lessen at around an hour then come back, stronger, at
about two hours.  There is a lot of variation, though!!!  Thanx for your