Hi Dean,

Thanks for your concern.  The coins I used were the U.S. minted "Walking
Liberty" 1 oz. fine silver coins.  My understanding is that this is a pure
silver (.999) coin, but I was unable to verify that with the dealer.  He
didn't really understand my question, nor could I understand his answer very
well.  (He had a very thick accent).  If you or anyone else knows anything
about these coins, especially if they're not pure .999 silver, please let me
know.

They cost me $8.50 apiece, which I understand would be about right for a
.999 pure 1 oz. silver coin.

Ted

-snip-

>>FYI - I made up my first batch of CS this weekend using my two silver
coins.

>Umm, what kind of silver coins??  Make absolutely sure they're .999
>fine silver.  Any other kind is an alloy of silver with metals you
>definitely don't want.

-snip-