yes I got the same message telling me to open the attachment and Norton's
picked up it was a virus,,,,,,,,Lynda----- Original Message -----
  From: Tai-Pan
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 11:25 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>VIRUS

  Hi Mike,
   The messages I have recieved did not have the attachments on them, thru the
LIST.
   Think the list virus ware is working. :-)
   Bless you,     Bob Lee

  "M. G. Devour" wrote:

    I've gotten a couple of messages sent to me directly, not through the
    list, that seem to have been silver-list messages that were quoted in
    their entirety, with a clever little line added at the end, something
    like:
    > look at the attachment...

    ... giving the impression the person whose machine the message was from
    was replying to the content of the message with something in the
    attachment.

    I've deleted them unopened, and don't remember who they were from. I
    *think* Beverle's name may have been on one or both. I don't remember
    if Joanne was involved.

    Has anyone received a message *FROM THE LIST* that contained a virus in
    an attachment? Or anything *else* of that sort in the last few days?

    Thank you,

    Mike Devour
    silver-list owner