Not from the list Mike...

This virus is a very clever new virus - the damage it could do was only
recently theoretical.  The file extension is masked by a class ID, making it
appear that it is a text file, image file, movie file, or other safe media.
However, the file is actually a DOS executable.  It auto-replies to any
messages that are received.

Some of these viruses ( like this one ) aren't picked up by the major virus
scanning software yet.  If one gets infected, and one is baffled at the
inability to find the virus, one needs to do several things:  1) download
the shareware program called Dll Demon 1.0 from any shareware site, such as
Tucows.   Demon Dll will allow you to see and kill any single process that
is running on your computer, including those programs which one cannot see
by using ctrl+alt+del.  Since this is a memory resident virus, there will be
ONE .exe running in DOS mode which is monitoring email, and perhaps
infecting other files in real time.

One needs to identify which file it is...  by careful examination of all
processes running.  When one identifies the exact .exe of the virus, one
needs to send it to Norton Antivirus ( or McAfee, ect. ).  Sadly, this virus
is a bit buggy, and did not infect my machine, although I was able to
examine some of the code from three seperate emails I received.  The name of
the "virus" file that is infected in the attachment is variable, it
changes...  It probably self-extracts an executable that always has the same
name, but maybe not.

Once one sends it to Norton, one can then kill the process using dll demon.
One highlights the .exe file, presses Options and then Processes, then
chooses Terminate.  This forces the program to stop running INSTANTLY,
unloading it from memory.  Make sure to make note of the .exe.

If one doesn't know how to send a virus to a virus company, then one can do
a file search for the exact file name with the windows search feature.  Upon
locating the file, change the file name, ONLY changing the extention, ie the
.exe to something like .vir.  This will prevent the registry from being able
to find the virus and loading it into memory when you reboot your machine
 it will also prevent the autoexec.bat file from finding it as well ).  You
can then, if you wish, send that file to me at this email address.  The
three files I received that were a part of the virus were corrupt, so I
cannot do this.

However, the battle is not yet won.  The virus could be multi-staged and
morphogenic.  Chances are, this one action will inactive the virus.
However, one then needs to search all of one's startup files for any
reference to the original file name, ie the registry, the autoexec.bat
files, ect.  Eliminate any line commands that one finds with this file name
in it.  It appears to use the E switch to execute, so one will probably find
filename.ext /e in any windows files that load the virus.

Then, one reboots one's machine.  Use dll demon to look at all active
processes once again.  Careful analysis of each process will show whether it
is a program you want to be running or not!  Often times, even if you don't
have a virus, you will be surprised at the files running on your machine
that you didn't know about.  Don't panic!  Go to altavista.com or
Google.com.  In the search box, type the exact file name in quotes ie
"injection.exe" ( a common valid file that runs in norton applications).
Your search will more than likely give you a clue to what the file is, and
whether or not it should be running on your machine.

This is an exercise everyone SHOULD do to become familiar with the programs
loaded and running on one's machine.  No memory resident virus can escape
dll demon.  If it is running on your machine, you will be able to see it!
Gone will be the fear of trusting antivirus companies exclusively for virus
protection.  Of course, not ALL viruses run as memory resident.  Some load,
do their deeds, then unload themselves to stay in hiding.  However, you've
now become familiar with everything that should be loading on your machine,
and one can then notice any anomolies in one's startup files, one's
autoexec.bat, windows.ini, control.ini, ect...

If you use outlook express, or other software that saves a copy  of your
outgoing messages, you can check to see if you're infected.  Look for
messages sent by you that you didn't send.  The files, as I've examined
them, are not large enough to contain their own email server, so they must
be using an existing email package to send the message replies out.