Thanks for responding- no, the doctor only gave oral instructions to apply it to the wound.  I hope she doesn't get the secondary infection you described below.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "A.V.R.A"
Subject: Re: CS>interesting followup on elderly client
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:21:20 -0600
Thank you for the update...
The silver creme is most likely Silver Sulfadiazine. I hope this doctor included some instructions. Silvadine is not indicated for prolonged use, and can cause a secondary fungal infection ( which ideally is only a minor infection that will clear up after use has stopped ).
Silvadine is excellent stuff ( a silver compound in a cream base ), usually only prescribed for things like severe burns, skin graft donor sites, ect. Doctors normally don't use it as a sole infection fighting agent. It would be interesting to see how well it does ( not likely as good as ionic silver ).