Louise, you may be right about the plastic leaching into the water.  I just
came home with a bottle of Super Brand from Winn Dixie and a bottle of
Zephyr Hills and they both test 0, on this tester that  is not "worth the
powder to blow it up with".

  Exactly what kind of tester are you using?

I have a decent EC meter. I know it cannot indicate ppm, but it can produce a relative reading for comparing one solution to another.

  Typically, I use it for my hydroponics solution.

Also compare city water, well water, and RO water, and Distilled water. I guess I should check rain water and creek water. That is the only two I have not bothered with yet.

At least I now have some good water to make my CS with, Hallulujah.

So far, I have trusted the distilled water I buy. Mainly because the few gallons I checked seemed ok.

Would rain water be a good source for CS? Gee, I had 5 inches in one morning this week.

   Wayne

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com