Regarding silver and viruses:   I purchased a water filter,  PUR,  that has
an add-on iodine filter,  included on the grounds that the main filter,
which includes silver if memory serves me,  is NOT able to kill viruses.
According to the instructions,  if one thinks the water may have viral
contamination,  it is essential to attach the iodine matrix filter to the
output portion of the filter.

Hope this info. may help.

JBB