In a message dated 10/6/2001 3:10:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
quiet...@midcoast.com writes:

> Subj:RE: CS>Firing CS onto water purifiers
> Date:10/6/2001 3:10:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:    quiet...@midcoast.com (Quietcove)
> To:    silver-list@eskimo.com
>

> Thanks Roger.
>
> I think I confused Celsius and Fahrenheit on that one.
>
> In that case, do you think ground silver included in the grog before the
> first firing would be suitable for the filters?
> Maybe it would be cost prohibitive though, I am sure that CS would be
> cheaper.
>
> Gary

Gary: I really think the clay filter production process has to be reduced to
as few operating variables as possible. After that, microscopic analysis (to
determine the phases of silver) of clay samples corresponding to extreme
values of these essential process variables would be the next step. Under
such circumstances, the first thing I would want to find out is, (1) the
form(s) of silver, (2) their respective PPM, and (3) the particle size
distribution of each. A possible second step would be regression analysis to
determine if certain process variables are relatable to the silver
characterization determined in the first step. Roger