Nina,

     I am aiming for consistency in batches.  Using distilled or deionized water near boiling temp each time should be more consistent I believe.  Unless the general belief is that seeding creates a superior CS to heating water.

     I wonder if deionized water is advised over DW.  I have heard that by starting w/deionized water one ends up with a more positively ionic CS, which is a good thing.

Thanks,

Dan