From: Thelma Seto [mailto:tgs...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 9:25 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>The many miracles of goat milk

Robb--

I have been told by others that the old time remedy for arthritis is goat
milk.  It won't undo the damage already done (maybe), but it will arrest its
progress.  Rheumatoid arthritis is particularly difficult to deal with...so
you'd better try everything you can.  Nettles are supposed to be very good
for it as well.

Goat's milk (preferably fresh, raw, and from a goat that is allowed to
forage on wild weeds and grasses and brush) is very good for many ailments,
including allergies, arthritis, auto-immune disorders, asthma, etc.  I moved
to the country (and ended up taking up goats<VBG>) due to a very bad case of
carpal tunnel.  Since I couldn't make a living in the city any more, moved
out here, got a grade goat for household milk who ate the weeds around our
house and ran free.  Lo and behold, three weeks after she came into milk
that first year my carpal tunnel disappeared and has not reappeared in four
years.  The carpal tunnel was bad enough that I was drinking coffee through
a straw and asking my kid to do everything, including chopping veggies and
hauling water from the well.

I have since learned that pediatricians prescribe goats' milk for crack
babies and children with asthma, etc.  Milk from a CAE (goat virus--doesn't
affect humans) infected goat may be a preventative to HIV infection.

Why does this happen?  A cow dairy neighbor thinks that wild vegetation has
the proper mix of omega-3 and omega-6 and that seed created by humans has
these ratios changed to increase shelf life which has actually contributed
to all the arthritis, allergies, auto-immune disorders, etc.  But this
doesn't explain why cow milk doesn't help arthritis.  I do know that goat
milk is naturally homogenized and, actually is much healthier than cow milk,
if you analyze it nutritionally.  Not to mention goats have a lot more
personality than cows...

So find someone with a goat.  Or get one or two yourself.  But be
forewarned:  They are very addictive.  (Incidentally, if you have a goat or
two, you can kiss your lawnmower goodbye.  And stop worrying about
weeds--that's their preferred food.)  I would not buy goat milk at the
store.  Ideally, you want to drink it raw and as fresh as possible.  Plus
keeping a goat will cost you around $80 a year; goat milk sells for between
$10-20 per gallon in the stores and $5-10 per gallon straight off the farm.
So go git your own goat!

Thelma