In Digest #1122, Bob Berger wrote:
"Ken,
When I did my orginal work several years ago I started with 60 hz, no results
in a reasonable lwngth of time. So I setup a 555 timer to drive a CD 4027 which
drove a L 293D. With the 555 running at 6 sec the 4027 switched at 12 seconds
and the L293D follwed that.
I investigated 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, and 120 seconds and found the best results
can at 60 switching.
"Ole Bob" "

Bob,
        Not sure who you are replying to, but either way, could you explain,
preferably via a circuit diagram, just what a CD 4027 and L293D are, and what
they do? Is it the "all solid state using a motor control IC for the output"
you mention in digest #1121? In thinking a bit more about it, seem to recall
that there are published details of Bob Beck's "Blood Electrifier" circuit that
includes a square wave polarity reverser which reverses 4 times a second -
should be readily adaptable.

regards, Kevin Nolan ken...@optusnet.com.au