Greetings, all...

There are only a few known reasons for limiting colloidal silver intake. Some believe that the body "learns" to eliminate colloidal silver more quickly from the body with heavy use. Therefore, if one does use it regularly, higher doses would be necessary to treat illness.

I know that some writers suggest a limited use simply because they have no certainty about whether long term use is truly safe, and they are simply attempting to be socially responsible.

The "on again off again" usage philosophy is taken directly from natural medicine practices. The "ten days on" is a blend between modern medicine and natural medicine. The idea is that ten days of usage should be adequate to eliminate an infection, then the ten days off allows the body to go through a cleaning cycle.

The "three weeks" cycle must be a derative of this. Keep in mind that in natural medicine, practitioners often try to work with the following body cycles:

4 times daily: The "insulin" cycle, regulating protein/fat/sugar balance. ( three times daily if concentrations of substances ingested are particulary potent, like drugs )

2 times daily: The metabolic cycle - The daily active and passive state ( ie vitamins in the morning, minerals at night ).

72 hour cycle: Many substances take about 72 hours to build up in the body... Many substances take about 72 hours to be eliminated as well.

21 day cycle:  Often considered the "monthly" cycle

Unfortunately, regimes sometimes designed with these ideas in mind are more "patch-work" than anything else, and the methods I've seen dealing with colloidal silver don't really fully make sense. I think often times, these things show up primarily due to uncertainty, and that fact that sellers must put SOME type of instructions for use!

The three week cycle "sounds" good on the outside. The idea that with three weeks of use, most infections should be eliminated, since this is sometimes the first-stage prescription for standard antibiotics. Sadly, though, it doesn't look that this accurate at all. It has been my experience that many "common" infections that respond well to colloidal silver use are brought under control in about 72 hours. Ones that don't, for whatever reason, respond well tend to support immune system function, making endurance of a condition much easier. In this case, the duration is a direct function of the immune system response.

However, the real tough infections can take one month of continuous use to start to see any benefit ( taken from several private well-documented experiences on tough viral conditions ).

The wisest cycle to use that I have found, if one is simply trying to improve general health, is: 3 days on, four days off, four days on, three days off. This cycle is designed to ease changes that occur in digestion through heavy detoxification of the body in some natural medicine practices - but is certainly not used if one is trying to specifically beat an infection.

Even so, countless people take small maintenance doses daily with excellent results, and have been doing so for years, with excellent results.

Using colloidal silver provides an excellent opportunity to start to learn how to listen to the body and respond intelligently. Modern medicine often REACTS to an illness. This is a great sadness. If X happens, it generates this Y response, every time. This has caused the ENTIRE general medical establishment ( medical practice )to stop thinking.

I wouldn't worry too much over the variances in advice on usage. With colloidal silver, we have a wide margin that allows plenty of room for adjustment as the need is presented.

Since then, I've been researching CS and using it on a when-needed basis, as opposed to a preventative, because during my research, I have read that it is important not to use it for extended periods; one article said 10 days on, 10 off. Another said 3 weeks on, 3 off. Unfortunately neither article said "why." :-(
I have also read it is alright to use it regularly without breaks.
But what's the concept behind the intermittent use?
Whelp,  that's my intro.

Marilyn~~