For persons interested in the ideas Marshall Dudley expresses below,  a
very interesting book is available:  Margins of Reality,  by Dunne and
Jahn as I recall.   Both were at Standford, investigating effects of
thougth on extremely precise computers.   They claim to have proved a
very consistent and repeatable effect,  vanishingly small,  demonstrable
only over a long period w/ very fast computer counters and such.    They
found no "superstars,"  though husband/wife teams could do better than
individuals in some cases.    I have had experiences similar to those MD
describes,  but I can not get around the fact that the occurances may
have been mere chance.   I simply do not know.   I am interested to
learn more about this.