You are way ahead of most newcomers to this list.  My experience with
trying to make CG with HVAC is unsuccessful.  I am not sure if I get
absolutely not CG with submerged electrode HVAC, or it is so slow that
the water begins boiling before sufficient quantity is made to give any
tyndall.  It is my understanding that it can be made using an arc
method, but that of course requires a CO2 or helium blanket to prevent
making any nitric acid.

I wish you success.  If you figure out a good way to make CG with HVAC
let me know.

Marshall