My mother and I made our first batches of CS today. ( I had made
a trial batch using boiled water last week but only got my distilled
water yesterday - and Mum had to wait till yesterday for me to get
the generator that I made for her to her)

I was very happy with mine - after about 15 mins one rod had
bubbles rising from it and the other had the finest wisps coming off
it so I timed it 5 mins from then.  I plan on drinking 40mls a day,
more if I feel myself "coming down with something".

My mothers batch, even after an hour she could not see "wisps"
tho she had the rising bubbles and the "tarnished" rods.  Can we
assume that she has made CS?  Yes, she did use distilled water
at room temperature.  She is 65 and her eyes are not as good as
they once were.  Maybe there is a possibility that she just didnt
"see" the wisps as they were so fine.  I would be grateful for any
opinion here.  What indication does one get when the batteries are
going flat?

Also, what is the shelf life of CS?  I was wondering about putting
some in a small bottle and keeping it in my handbag for any
eventuality.  Does anyone else do this?  Is it adviseable?

Alison
in New Zealand