From: Marshall Jeffus [mailto:marshalljef...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2002 1:08 p.m.
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>fish aquarium air bubbler

Thanks for the excellent suggestion.  Perhaps the bubbler whisks away
silver before it has a chance to burn.  If that's the case, it's the
movement of water that's important.  Burnt silver - that's silver
oxide, of course, which adds color to CS.  The darker the color, the
more of it, so I understand.  Also, what do you notice in the way of
oxide buildup on the electrode: the grayish solid stuff.  Less or
none?
What is your generator type?  LVDC or otherwise, what
voltage/amperage.  I'm new to all this and trying to find out what is
the best setup.
One other thing: what is your concentration (ppm).  My understanding
is that the clearer the liquid, the finer the particles.
Thanks for replying.  Like I said, I'm new to all this and am really
grateful for any input any of you may have out there on getting a
quality generator up and running.
Thanks,
Marshall
PS Melvin Wolf says that adding a very small drop of honey in
distilled water helps a lot.  Something about how it "fixes" the
electrical/magnetic properties of the water and allows for good
conduction without adding electrolyte.  Saw this on a web site.  What
do you know about this?
  Tel Tofflemire <telt...@home.com> wrote:
Marshall Jeffus ,
I use a small fish tank bubbler,  in a 2 qt glass jar. I get crystal
clear CS using the bubblier, and it stays clear. I put the bubblier in
the bottom of the jar, I use oxygen rated hose designed for breathing
bottled ox. with a stone defuser on bottom to slow the flow and make
tiny bubbles.  Some on the list said it was not the best way to do it,
so I tested for 2 days 48 hrs. using bubblier and not , my best CS was
using the bubbler...with out I got particles so large you could see
them , with bubblier, crystal clear.,,,,good luck...
Tel Tofflemire
Phoenix
Marshall Jeffus wrote:
 Please, more info on this aquarium air bubbler.  How is it used in
the process?  Do the air bubbles run over the silver electrodes?
  DJG <ql...@tds.net> wrote:
I have heard this affects the CS while making it. Any comments?