He is a dip.

James-Osbourne: Holmes

-----Original Message-----
From: Catherine Creel [mailto:ccr...@maine.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 1:44 AM
To: cancerc...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CS>online discussion with Barrett on Friday, Jan. 25, at 1 p.m. ET.

I thought some of you might be interested in this.  Unfortunately, I think
questions he doesn't like will never make it to the public---Catherine

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/community/DailyNews/Community_Index.html#chat

   Fighting Medical Fraud
For 30 years, Dr. Stephen Barrett has been monitoring alternative therapies,
cataloguing what he says are bogus treatments. How can health consumers
distinguish fact from fallacy? Join Barrett in a live chat Friday at 1 p.m.
ET.  Send in a question!

Quiz a Quackbuster
Dr. Stephen Barrett on Health Fraud

Dr. Stephen Barrett
More than 1 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer every year and
studies suggest that many of them explore alternative therapies. But do the
treatments actually work?
"I wish the word 'alternative' would go away. It's quack cancer therapy,"
says consumer advocate Dr. Stephen Barrett, founder of Quackwatch.com, a
nonprofit organization designed to protect consumers from health-related
scams.

"Most people think that quackery is easy to spot," says Barrett. "Often it
is not. Its promoters wear the cloak of science. They use scientific terms
and quote - or misquote - scientific references."

How can health consumers distinguish fact from fallacy?

Watch Primetime Thursday, Jan. 24, at 10 p.m. ET and join our online
discussion with Barrett on Friday, Jan. 25, at 1 p.m. ET.

Barrett, a retired psychiatrist, is vice president of the National Council
Against Health Fraud and a scientific adviser to the American Council on
Science and Health. In 1984, he received an FDA Commissioner's Special
Citation Award for Public Service in fighting nutrition quackery. He has
written 49 books on health fraud.