Dear Friend Brooks,
Well stated, well taken..... I had forgot about that!  Listen up Nina,
Brooks is right again.  Namaste:  Bob Bartell

-----Original Message-----
From: Brooks Bradley [mailto:liat...@flash.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 12:18 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>DMSO

                                Dear Nina,
                        A cautionary note.  While DMSO may be safely
used at
full strength for topical applications on animals....as well as human
beings----I would be reluctant to do so without strong cause.  The
reason is
that DMSO...at full strength....produces in many cases, a mild, but
quite
uncomfortable,  blistering effect.  And in some cases a very  rapid
onset
blistering----even on skin surfaces void of hair covering.  This
blistering
effect is not easily alleviated....even by topical dilution....as the
penetration effect of the DMSO through the moisture-ladened tissues
remains
ahead of the remedial protocol.  If in doubt add some 2% Lidocaine to
the parent
mixture.....before application.  One should be advised that
full-strength DMSO
is a high-speed heat-liberator in the presence of a wide variety of
liquids
(even low levels of sweat and skin moisture).....most especially water.
Persons
doubting this should just pour some concentrated DMSO into a small glass
of
water and hold the glass in their bare hand.
                           While short-hair animals such as horses are
subject
to less discomfort from copious applications of high-strength DMSO, I
feel it is
somewhat presumptuous to assume dumb animals possess less sensitivity
than do
humans.....especially to the extent of making arbitrary decisions for
them
relating to pain and discomfort levels, without full knowledge of the
actual
thresholds involved.  Additionally, if one is to use high-percentage
DMSO (75%
and higher) I believe they would be well-served to shave off as much of
the hair
covering as is nominally feasible----before applying the DMSO.
                        These are just my personal observations...but
founded on
35 years of personal use/experience....of DMSO.
                                        Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.